Servers in Australia
About Island Hosting
Island Hosting is a Tasmanian based web hosting business owned and operated by Jacob Ball, a proud Tasmanian since 2002. We specialise in high quality, affordable hosting that is packed with all the features that you’ll need to get your website running. We are here to help all Tasmanians, as we believe in helping and supporting our local market.
Our state of the art web servers will give your websites the edge. We understand that everyone wants their hosting to work as smoothly as possible – we’ll help you set your site up, and answer any queries you may have. Check out our Support FAQs first – we may have already answered your question!
Island Hosting servers are located in premium Australian datacentres to provide you with the best performance and lowest latency. We house our servers inside these datacentres so as to leverage off their massive investment into infrastructure and deliver the best possible hosting experience to our valued clients.
They were carefully selected to meet our demanding requirements and each have the following features in common:
- Sophisticated fire detection and suppression systems
- Uninterruptible power backed by redundant feeds, UPS systems and generators with onsite high capacity fuel tanks to operate indefinitely off the power grid.
- State-of-the-art cooling systems to help ensure hardware stability and longevity.
- Network carrier neutral
- Minimum N+1 redundancy on power supplies
- A high level of physical security, including 24x7x365 CCTV surveillance and security personnel, biometric and/or card access devices and traditional locks.
Each of these criteria simultaneously lowers risks of data loss and downtime, which in turns allows us to ensure higher levels of service.